November 23, 2010 |

Returning From The Land Of Writers Block

While I don't normally suffer from long bouts of writers block, I have been in a bit of a dry spell.  I haven't been able to concentrate on anything long term, though I have a large number of projects on the go.  I can't seem to bring myself to finish any single one of the them. ( blech!!!)  Since I figure here is as a good as any place to be honest, I am pretty sure there is a reason for all the humming and hawing.  I am certainly not a physciatrist but I am pretty sure that my problem is all in my head.  So to be vulnerable and put myself out there, here's my take on what's going on.  If I don't finish a project, then I can't fail a project.  If I don't show people or tell people what I am working on, I won't be ridiculed if it's lousy, or if the topic is stupid, or my characters are lame.  Pheww!! now there is a load off of my chest ( not really)  but maybe if I continue to say it out loud, I will face my fears, rather then run from them.  I will finish these projects and take on more, because I can, and because I am good at them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

a mom blog community!