July 5, 2010 |

Back to the Land of the Blogging

Who would have thought that when school officially ended for the year I would have less time for this?  No longer do I curse the slow pokes and bad drivers from the discomfort of behind the wheel, instead  I hover near the remote control,( in case the tv really has been on for 3 hours straight) and raise my voice a little too often as we are trapped inside our wee house, avoiding, the cold and rain ( really mother nature, it's July for darn sakes!!)  Every game has been played, the cat tortured to no end, all the felt pens are dry, the crayons all broken in half, we have made cookies and muffins and even a birthday cake.  We've been to the mall, the library, and a dozen other dry, warm places that have little appeal after the first 15 minutes.  I am currently out of ideas...the kids are playing in the backyard pool, even though it's raining and I could use an umbrella.  I've tried bribing them into behaving ( not working, AT ALL), I am hoping they will go to bed at night ( no such luck!!)  I guess they are just bored ( I don't blame them ) and I am sure we could all use some fun in the sun ( again, mother nature, this is your department) we do have the ultimate summer backyard....with the exception of no sun.  Hope to be back soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

a mom blog community!