June 1, 2010 |

How Long Can You Survive Without Sleep

The world record for sleep deprivation is over 18 days.  The side effects?  Hallucinations, paranoia, blurred vision, slurred speech, memory and concentration lapses.  
   Umm, ya this person obviously has not experienced the joy that is a newborn baby!!!.  Not that I have one anymore, but I felt like that for the first 6 months of each kid.  I was thrilled when I slept for more then 20 minutes at one time then devestated that I might have fallen asleep when one of the babes might have needed something....a painfully dull, double edged sword.  Besides, who can really get a decent sleep with kids in the house?
   I obviously don't mean that in the literal sense since the answer to this question would be the Hubs.  Seriously this guy can sleep through anything.  Kids crying, dog and cat fighting, me being pissed off that he's asleep, really you would think that all my huffing and puffing, tossing and turning would wake a guy up.  ( it would certainly wake me up!!).  But, no!!! 
   Snoring his way through the night to a fairly good sleep, I lie beside him praying that the garbage men are quiet when they pick up the trash, or that the husband doesn't hit the snooze button 6 times and wake up the kids.  Once I get to this point the night is a total write off.  My mind runs wild on silly chases of, did the garbage go out, how about that recycling?  Is his alarm set?  I wouldn't want him to be late for work, to did I check if we had enough milk to make it through breakfast?  What's that noise?  Is one of the kids awake?  Seriously....total disaster of a night, and I have the bags under my eyes to prove it.  If only you could force the kids to nap until they are 10.  Bring on the COFFEE!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

a mom blog community!